The security is now seen as a fundamental value. It is considered to be the credibility and reliability of the port enterprises. The international community has imposed, via the ISPS code the implementation, by all maritime and port stakeholders, security measures aimed at preventing any attempted of malicious act against the maritime transport chain including ports, ships, people and properties.
In the framework of the implementation of the ISPS Code measures and hoisting its security organization in terms of the requirements of the European Directive No. 65/2005, Tangier Med Port Authority ensures the implementation of security measures outlined in the port security plan. The port security officer ensures the coordination of security measures with all the facilities of the port complex that have certificates in line with the ISPS code issued by the competent authority.
For more information on security activities, please contact email@example.com
The multiplicity of activities, the importance of the infrastructure as well as the diversity of Tangier Med Port Complex flows has required the organization of an adequate security, primarily based on the prevention of risks, the prior preparation and the effective intervention in case of fire or other disaster in the port zone.
The safety approach consists of:
– Deployment, within the harbor master of Tangier Med, of a department in charge exclusively with port safety and consists of officers of the merchant marine totally dedicated to safety management,
– Certification of ISO standards for quality and environmental management in accordance with ISO 9001-2008 standard and the ISO 14001 standard
– Strong commitment of the TMPA in the field of environmental protection, sustainable development and energy efficiency,
– Realization of risk assessments performed to identify and evaluate the risks of the port zone, to define accident scenarios, to develop and implement measures and emergency plans ensuring the prevention and efficient organization of control operations in case of fire or other disaster,
– An effective management of dangerous goods transit via the port zone in accordance with national and international requirements in this matter,
– Realization, in the port level, national and international, of emergency simulation exercises to strengthen the capacity and the preparation of the TMPA to face a serious disaster. On this basis, the Tangier Med port participated:
- 20 and 21 November 2013 in the International Exercise of Response to Radiological Emergency
- June 18, 2014 in the National Exercise to fight against accidental marine pollution “Simulex 2014” carried out with the participation of countries of the defense initiative “5 + 5”
– Availability of a fire station in the port area, dedicated to the firemen of Tangier Med port responsible for the prevention of risks, the surveillance and the intervention in case of fire or other disaster , H24 and 7 / 7. It is provided with an adequate human resources and necessary equipment to fight against fires and other disasters inside the limits of Tangier Med Port Complex wish is the first Moroccan port to have its own team of port firemen,
– Development and implementation of training programs to allow intervention teams consisting of port and officers and port firemen, to learn new fighting techniques against fire and other disasters as well as the possibility to maintain their specific skills,
– “Safety for Life” is the principle adopted in the Port Complex by the TMPA and by all port operators because safety is everyone’s business and it is for this reason that the management of safety at Tangier Med port enters perfectly in line in a partnership approach between port authority and terminals dealers.
For more information on safety activities, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org