Tangier Med Port Authority S.A.
TMPA is a public limited company with a board of directors, and a capital of 1,8 billion dirhams.(MAD)
The capital is allocated as follows: 70% for TMSA, Tangier Mediterranean Special Agenc, and 32,28% for FIPAR, the investment company of CDG Group, according to the Memorandum of Agreement signed in July 2008 between TMSA and ‘’La Caisse de Depot et de Gestion (CDG)’’
In 2008, and in order to optimize the operational efficiency of the two core businesses of TMSA which are: the port and the zones of activities, and in order to enhance development capacities, TMSA has initiated a process that led to the establishment of a subsidiary dedicated to port activity, the company Tanger Med Port Authority SA (TMPA)
In January 2010, all the public missions and prerogatives related to the management and development of the port complex were transferred by Law Decree from TMSA to Tanger Med Port Authority allowing TMPA to act as a port authority of the port Tangier Med.
The Tanger Med port aims are to develop an effective port platform integrated with transshipment activities, import export and of an added value logistics operations.
The Tanger Med port complex consists of:
- The Tanger Med 1, port includes two container terminals, a railway terminal, hydrocarbons terminal, goods terminal, and vehicle terminal.
- The port Tanger Med 2, includes two container terminals.
- The passenger and RORO port , includes the access zones and border inspections, the 8 berths of boarding passengers and trucks, regulations zones, and the ferry terminal
- Logistics Free Zone MEDHUB; includes actual 50 hectares of land surface vas well as last generation warehouses and offices for rent.
- The Tanger Med Port Center – TMPC –. This is a 30.000 m² of offices, banks, food court, multi service spaces. All connected to the train, bus and maritime station.
Established by Decree Law in February 2003, TMSA, a limited company with a Management Board and Supervisory Board, a capital of 818 million MAD held by the Hassan II Fund for Economic and Social Development, responsible for the development, the planning and the management of the Industrial complex and of Tangier Med port.
For that, it has been endowed with public prerogatives including public authority missions on the port and the free zones, in accordance with common law provisions on the matter.